The name of the village which was mentioned first in the history of the places under the Municipality of Calintaan at present is Ililin. Local historians believe that the name of the village now is Brgy. Iriron for in the old map drawn by Fr. Murillo, SJ during the Spanish regime, Ililin was indicated in the spot where Iriron is presently located.
Based on Spanish records, the population of Iriron in 1829 was one hundred fifty (150). It was also recorded that this village has two cannons used by the residents in defending themselves against Moro pirates.
Due to the frequent incursions of the pirates to their village, the people of Iriron transferred to other places. What remained in the settlement were the church, convent, prison and a few houses. Years later, visitors who entered the church were surprised to see the three chandeliers fashioned out of the backbone of a large whale.
Meanwhile, Calintaan became a progressive community after the Spanish regime. Mr. Eligio Jimenez was appointed as the first cabeza de barangay of this place.
In the election held on November 14, 1967 Hon. Felomino Jimenez was elected as the first municipal mayor of Calintaan.
Vice Mayor: Efren Fernandez Garcia
• Eric Credo Labrador
• Rocel Payas Mendoza
• Cornelio Jose Gasmin
• Rogelio Aguilar Trambulo
• Rommel Tadeja Cariaso
• June Cleto Esteban
• Lamberto Jimenez Guiral
• Ronnie Dionisio Importante